My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://noctos.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.

Friday, November 18, 2005

J.W.
Goddamn, I'm the stuff men are made of



"I never trust a man that doesn't drink."

"I would like to be remembered, well...the Mexicans have a phrase, 'Feo fuerte y formal'. Which means: he was ugly, strong and had dignity."

"John Ford isn't exactly a bum, is he? Yet he never gave me any manure about art. He just made movies and that's what I do."

"I stick to simple themes. Love. Hate. No nuances. I stay away from psychoanalyst's couch scenes. Couches are good for one thing."

"I felt many of the Western stars of the twenties and thirties were too goddamn perfect. They never drank or smoked. They never wanted to go to bed with a beautiful girl. They never had a fight. A heavy might throw a chair at them, and they just looked surprised and didn't fight in this spirit. They were too goddamn sweet and pure to be dirty fighters. Well, I wanted to be a dirty fighter if that was the only way to fight back. If someone throws a chair at you, hell, you pick up a chair and belt him right back. I was trying to play a man who gets dirty, who sweats sometimes, who enjoys kissing a gal he likes, who gets angry, who fights clean whenever possible but will fight dirty if he has to."

"God, how I hate solemn funerals. When I die, take me into a room and burn me. Then my family and a few good friends should get together, have a few good belts, and talk about the crazy old time we all had together."

Top Entertainment blogs
Entertainment Blogs
Entertainment Blogs