My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://noctos.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

AND YOUR 2005 PEE ON MY FOOT LOVED TV and OLD MOVIES BEST.

This was a difficult list to make, not because 2005 was full of good films but because 2005 was just one hell of a shitty year at the movie theatres. I actually can't list ten good 2005 films. As always, the reason could be my ignorance. I have yet to see some titles but still I don't believe it would have made that big of a difference. My guess is just that the talent has moved on. And namely to the HBO TV Drama department.

That's right. Television came completely out of the noctos closet this year and credit goes almost entirely to the wonderful aforementioned cable company. I know alot of the TV shows I caught up with this year are far from 2005 material, so it would be a bit wrong to regard 2005 as the great TV year but on a personal level it definitely was though. As of now, I caught up with almost every HBO show and it's just blowing my mind how amazing the quantity is. Not one single show (except for the horrible Sex in The City maybe) has let me down.

Next to that, I can't really say it was a sad movie year though. I do have seen amazing movies. And by amazing, I really mean life-changing films. The only thing is most of these movies are already quite old, and either I'm becoming a real nostalgic or else they just don't make this kind of quality anymore. I'm leaning towards the latter off course but hey, you fine readers make up your own minds.

Ironically, the two genres that stood out this year are the sort of movies they hardly make in recent days. But boy how they brought me joy. Here's to Screwball Comedies and Westerns, may your renaissance be upon thee soon!

So here come the lists. Again notice how I had to trim the 2005 list from ten to seven (I can hardly believe I had to do this). Also some might argue I even had to include 2004 films but please remember the European and American release dates might differ, so that's why those movies are still eligible for this 2005 list (except maybe Der Untergang but yeah was a bit late with that one). So hope you all enjoy the lists and if you haven't caught up with one of the older movies or the TV-shows, let us hope you will soon!

[note: I might write up some descriptions in the near future, but for now I'll just present the lists. and to all who are making their own lists, the same goes here as with the music lists, send 'em to me and it will get posted, thx]

BEST FILMS SEEN IN 2005
1. The Road Warrior




2. It Happened One Night




3. The Manchurian Candidate (1962 original!)




4. Winchester '73




5. The Lady Eve




6. High Plains Drifter




7. The Awful Truth




8. McCabe & Mrs. Miller



9. My Man Godfrey



10. Two-Lane Blacktop



BEST TELEVISION SEEN IN 2005

1. The Sopranos - Season 5



2. Lost - Season 1




3. Deadwood - Season 1




4. The Wire - Season 2



5. Six Feet Under - Season 5



6. Carnivale - Season 2




7. Rome




8. Unscripted



9. Extras



10. 24 - Season 4





BEST 2005 FILMS:

1. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou



2. The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada



3. Sideways




4. Mr. & Mrs. Smith




5. Broken Flowers



6. Serenity



7. Der Untergang (Downfall)





WORST 2005 FILMS:

1. Sin City
2. I Heart Huckabees
3. War Of The Worlds
4. The Brothers Grimm
5. Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
6. What The Bleep Do We Know?
7. Catwoman

Top Entertainment blogs
Entertainment Blogs
Entertainment Blogs