My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://noctos.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.

Monday, November 14, 2005

My heart is like an upside-down flame



I have at last detached myself
From all natural things
I can die but may not sin
And what no one has ever touched
I have touched, I have felt

And I’ve explored what no man
Can imagine in any way
Often I’ve weighed
Even life the imponderable
I can die with a smile

Accustom yourself as I have done
To these prodigies I announce
To the kindness that will rule
To the suffering I endure
And you will know what is to come

Je me suis enfin détaché
De toutes choses naturelles
Je peux mourir et non pécher
Et ce que l'on n'a jamais touché
Je l'ai touché, je l'ai palpé

Et j'ai scruté tout ce que nul
Ne peut en rien imaginer
Et j'ai soupesé maintes fois
Même la vie impondérable
Je peux mourir en souriant

Habituez-vous comme moi
A ces prodiges que j'annonce
A la bonté qui va régner
A la souffrance que j'endure
Et vous connaîtrez l'Avenir

(c) Guillaume Apollinaire's epitaph

Top Entertainment blogs
Entertainment Blogs
Entertainment Blogs