My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://noctos.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Submission #1: Igor's Best Music List



So this is where it's at...

I would like to start of with those amazing records that didn't make last years list (bought & discovered in 2005 or not quite sunken in yet by the end of last year). These records would have definitely graced my 2004 list. I'm sorry...

Here goes:

1. Deathprod - Morals & Dogma
2. Cult of Luna - Salvation
3. Amute - A Hundred Dry Trees
4. Mokira - Album
5. Mastodon - Leviathan


And now... the moment us in navy blue hoodies and khakis have all been waiting, longing, crying for...

The Best Records of 2005 by Igor:
1. Why? - Elephant Eyelash


Best record. And that's final.

2. Pelican - The Fire in Our Throats Will Beckon the Thaw

Probably my most played record this year. Pure after work joy. File under: best instrumetal.

3. Birchville Cat Motel - Beautiful Speck Triumph & Chi Vampires



I took some liberties here: two beautifull 2005 releases by this New Zealand drone artist. Amazing stuff.

4. Animal Collective - Feels

And to think I wasn't a fan before. Best popinfluencedpsychfolk.

5. ES - Sateenkaarisudeelma/ Greg Malcolm - Swimming In It


Here some liberties as well. I don't actually own these records but when listening to them on the kraak radioplayer they really sunk there hooks in me, and I can't seem to get them out. Both are similar in a lot of ways, hence the double bill.

6. Deaf Center - Pale Ravine

Someone mentioned Boomkat and this is what I've found. Similar to William Bassinski. Thanks.


7. Bohren & Der Club Of Gore - Geisterfaust


Best horrorjazz. I wish Stanley and Arvo were around to hear it.


8. Sunn O))) - Black One



Scariest record.


9. Wolf Parade - Apologies to the Queen Mary



Best rock.


10. Eluvium - Talk Amongst the Trees



And offcourse, best post-rock (there's some drone/ambient in there too).

Enjoy!

Sorry for the name juggling. I was pretending to be one of the pitchfork writers.

Igor.

Top Entertainment blogs
Entertainment Blogs
Entertainment Blogs