My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://noctos.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Five Virgins on an Island.



First-time movie director Joe Wright summarizes his brilliant adaptation of Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice best when he comments on the final almost-kiss scene. Truly a director to remember and surprisingly, a must see movie.

I battle with this scene. I battle with myself over this scene because it's probably a bit over the top and over-romantic and slushy, but if we haven't earned it by now, then we never will have.

One of the make-up artists stood beside me while we were shooting this. And she whispered very quietly: "I wish that was my life." And I think wish fulfilment is... wish fulfilment serves a purpose. A lot of people consider it a cop out or a... or a cynical act, but I think wish fulfilment is really important in drama. And it's important for the people who watch it and the people who make it. We need to have something to reach for. Not to settle for less.

Top Entertainment blogs
Entertainment Blogs
Entertainment Blogs