My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://noctos.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

BelieveYouMe. That's Hot Sizzles Writin'



It Happened One Night (1934) by Frank Capra. An absolutely amazing film with mind boggling dialogue (script by Robert Riskin).

Look what my dear Shapeley's got to say (imdb trivia says Bugs Bunny was somewhat based on this character):

OSCAR SHAPELEY:

Hi, sister. All alone? My name's Shapeley. May as well get acquainted. It's a long trip. Gets tiresome. Especially for somebody like you.

You look like you've got class. Yes, with a capital "K".

I'm the guy that knows class when he sees it. Believe you me. Ask any of the boys. They'll tell you. Shapeley sure knows how to pick them.

Shapeley's the name and that's the way I like them. You made no mistake sitting next to me. Most girls you meet on the bus... ain't nothing to write home to the wife about. You gotta be awful careful who you hit it up with. You can't be too particular, neither. What's the matter, you ain't saying much?

ELLIE ANDREWS:

Seems to me you're doing excellently without any assistance.

OSCAR SHAPELEY:
[hysteric]

That's pretty good. "Seems to me you're doing excellently without any assistance."

Well shut my big, nasty mouth. Looks like you're one up on me.

There's nothing I like better than to meet a high-class mama... that can snap back at you. The colder they are, the hotter they get. That's what I always say. Yes, sir. When a cold mama gets hot, boy how she sizzles.

Now you're just my type. Believe me, sister, I could go for you in a big way. 'Fun-on-the-side Shapeley," they call me. With accent on the "fun". Believe you me.

Top Entertainment blogs
Entertainment Blogs
Entertainment Blogs