My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://noctos.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

a new narraglyphic picto-assemblage by Daniel Clowes




So what we think of this? Looks good to be honest:

At long last: Daniel Clowes is back at Pantheon, with a brilliant new graphic novel already hailed by Time as "another of his hilariously slightly off-center worlds that have a vague sense of dread about them. Kind of like where you live."

Welcome to Ice Haven! "It's not as cold here as it sounds," declares Random Wilder, our reluctant guide to this sleepy Midwestern town. He's also its would-be poet laureate. Would-be, that is, were it not for the "Florid banalities" of his archrival, Ida Wentz, published ad nauseam in the Ice Haven Daily Progress. Among Wilder's other fellow Ice Havians are the lovelorn Violet Van der Plazt and Vida Wentz; the detective team of Mr. and Mrs. Ames; the adorable interracial moppets Carmichael and Paula; disaffected stationery salesgirl Julie Patheticstein; the Blue Bunny, newly sprung from prison and the bitterest rabbit in town; and poor little David Goldberg, missing for more than a week now...

Also check the interview The Guardian did with Daniel Clowes:

He admits that he finds writing female characters easier. "With every male character I feel like I either have to consciously make it not myself or I have to make it myself," he says. "In the case of these girls, there's a certain freedom. I just don't feel any connection to them. I don't feel like I have to represent myself."

Top Entertainment blogs
Entertainment Blogs
Entertainment Blogs