My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://noctos.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.

Friday, July 16, 2004

I hate the movies like poison!



J.D. Salinger has been praised and blessed by people all over the world as one of the best writers around but I bet he would have made an equally great screenwriter. 'Catcher in The Rye' just has magnificent dialogues and shows amazing voice-over skills! Pity JD only gets a bang out of imitating the movies...

"I started imitating one of those guys in the movies. In one of those musicals. I hate the movies like poison, but I get a bang imitating them. Old Stradlater watched me in the mirror while he was shaving. All I need's an audience. I'm an exhibitionist. "I'm the Governor's son," I said. I was knocking myself out. Tap-dancing all over the place."

"I ran all the way to the main gate, and then I waited a second till I got my breath. I have no wind, if you want to know the truth. I'm quite a heavy smoker, for one thing - that is, I used to be. They made me cut it out. Another thing, I grew six and a half inches last year. That's also how I practically got t.b. and came out here for all those goddamn checkups and stuff. I'm pretty healthy, though."

"Some things are hard to remember. I'm thinking now of when Stradlater got back from his date with Jane. I mean I can't remember exactly what I was doing when I heard his goddamn footsteps coming down the corridor. I probably was still looking out the window, but I swear I can't remember. I was so damn worried, that's why. When I really worry about something, I don't just fool around. I even have to go to the bathroom when I worry about something. Only, I don't go. I'm too worried to go. I don't want to interrupt my worryings to go. If you knew Stradlater, you'd have been worried, too. I'd double-dated with that bastard a couple of times, and I know what I'm talking about. He was unscrupulous. He really was."


Top Entertainment blogs
Entertainment Blogs
Entertainment Blogs